We can all talk to our angels, but why does it seem easier for some people and not others? Can you feel, hear, or sense the presence of your guardian angel whenever you call upon them? Chrissie Astell tells you how to connect with the angels for healing, abundance, protection, guidance and support in 10 simple steps:
1) Know your motivation. Ask yourself why you want to connect with angels, and with which issue or project in your life you would like help. Be very clear, as your thoughts and intentions create the energy that supports your connection.
2) Develop appreciation: A sense of gratitude towards the angels always helps maintain a connection, as it’s a two-way channel. Thank them for their presence, and for what they have done for you already.
3) Create a sacred space: Angels reside in paradise, so it’s important to create a peaceful and harmonious environment of your own in which to welcome them. Playing soft music, and lighting candles and incense all helps create the ambiance for angelic connection.
4) Make a small shrine: Gather your favourite angelic items to symbolise a connection to the angel realm. For example, a quartz crystal, a porcelain angel, some fresh roses, angel cards or pictures of the ones you wish to connect with, e.g. Raphael for healing, Michael for protection and so on.
5) Breathe more deeply: Even if you are not yet practiced at meditation, as you breathe more deeply you will become relaxed, calm and still. It is said that the time and space between the in and out breaths is where the angel connection is made.
6) Ground yourself: Imagine your body becoming heavier as you relax into your breathing. Send imaginary roots down into the Earth, and centre your focus on the area called the hara, just below your naval.
7) Say an angel prayer: Choose a favourite inspirational prayer to begin your practice session. This is important as it sets the sacred and loving vibration and tone of your connection. Angels represent aspects of the Divine and resonate to the vibration of love.
8) Purify your inner sacred space: Visualise bright white light entering your head through the crown chakra, then filtering down through every cell of your body, cleansing and purifying any negativity you’re holding.
9) Ask a connection: Call the angels to be with you, for the reason you chose earlier, and request that they show you their presence in a way that is unique to you, such as a physical sensation, sound, sign, image or audible words.
10) Keep the faith: Trust and believe the angels love and support you, regardless of whether you can see, feel or hear them. With practice, you will be connecting with them as often as you like. Angels are always and forever, right by your side.