Welcome long sun-filled days now summer solstice is here, with fairies and goddess power from Trish McKinnley
Summer solstice is a magical time! It marks the start of summer, along with midsummer and Midsummer’s Day in June. Summer solstice is the longest day of light and is a celebration of the life-giving sun, the success of our land and the successful growth of our dreams already fulfilled or coming true.
Summer Solstice 2021 is on Monday, 21st June at 4:31am
The veil between worlds is extra thin, so it’s also a magical time for connecting with fairies and embracing your confident and sensual inner goddess. Here are five rituals this solstice to help you celebrate your spirituality!
1 Worship the sun
Make sun tea! This blends the celebrations of the sun and the most potent day for gathering herbs.
• Fill a glass container with water.
• Add tea bags.
• Cover and let stand in the sun
for four to six hours.
• Pour yourself a glass of tea, add fresh herbs like mint and sip while soaking up the sunshine. For extra solar connection add honey, the treat of the sun goddess!
2 Decorate your waterways for blessings
Our ancestors decorated wells and fountains, but we can tap into this energy by decorating a fountain, bird bath or our bathtub to welcome blessings.
• Place flowers, plants or vines around. Add any other trinkets or items, this could include ribbons, crystals and lights. While decorating, maintain your commitment to going with the flow of prosperity and celebrating your ideas and success.
• Once decorated, enjoy, and invite Archangel Uriel to join you. Journal any insights you receive and be prepared for solutions, answers and divine guidance.
“The veil between worlds is thin, so it’s a magical time for connecting with the fae”
3 Use smoke and light
• Light a candle first thing in the morning. Keep your candle located where you’ll be able to see it all day. Everytime you see the candle’s flame, smile and say something you’re grateful for.
• When you’re ready for bed, say a word of appreciation for the light shining on all of your blessings. Say, “Thank you for the sun, the warmth and light. Thank you for this day’s delight. Thank you for the dreams that will ignite. Thank you for
this blessed insight.”
• Before you extinguish your candle, allow yourself to fill up with a sense of joy and gratitude.
Blow out your candle and as the smoke wafts around, imagine it protecting your space as it takes your prayers to the heavens.
4 Party with the fae folk
The veil is thin and this is a huge day of celebration with “the good people” or fae folk. And what accompanies a celebration? A party!
• If weather permits, decorate an outdoor area, otherwise find a location with lots of natural light.
• Decorate with love and excitement, as if you are planning your dream event! Incorporate flowers, candles and lights.
• Prepare a spread of sweet foods, cakes and treats with honey, grapes and wine. Add items that you and your friends don’t need to eat and let the fairies know this is just for them!
• Once you have everything set, including place settings for fairies, invite your fairy friends! Create an invitation by writing on a leaf that has fallen to the ground, writing in the dirt or by simply asking aloud. Invite from your heart and let your voice be filled with sincerity. Say, “Dearest fairies, please join me. Let’s celebrate the light and love in a night full of glee.”
• Sing, eat, drink and be merry! Fairies may give you a sense they’re near.
5 Honour your inner goddess
This was a time for honouring the goddesses that protect the earth, crops and animals. It’s a perfect time for celebrating and honouring the goddess within.
• Pay attention to the insights you receive during this time through your dreams. Keep a dream journal to ensure you capture all symbols and messages.
• Look for ways to celebrate your goddess blessings. These are all the natural things you do: your gifts, talents and unique quirks that make you so special!
• Explore additional tools of divination, like water scrying, reading tea leaves, reading crystals or reading a new oracle or tarot deck.
Summer solstice is the longest day and the shortest night and it is filled with strength, power and fulfilment. May you be touched with its beautiful blessings in any way you choose to celebrate!
Trish McKinnley is Winner of the Rising Star category in the Soul Awards 2020. She is a manifesting expert and creator of Goddessology®, helping dreams around the world come true. Find her at trishmckinnley.com or follow her on Instagram @trishmckinnley
Create abundance with sex magic
It’s summer, and fertility surrounds us in nature. Sexual energy is more than just for pleasure and procreation, it is a sacred fuel that can be used to rejuvenate the body and give more power to your manifestations. This is because sexual energy has the ability to transcend up through the body
and the chakras to create liberation and enlightenment.
Embrace your inner goddess and try manifesting with your sexual energy to give it more oomph! Some people call this ‘sex magic’, where you use the energy and direct it through intention to your desires. Here are four easy steps from international speaker, healer, teacher and author Vanya Silverten. Find out more at vanyasilverten.com.
1 Get clear on your goal
Write it down, visualise it or both. Make sure you are aware of the emotions you would like to feel when you have achieved your desired outcome.
2 Build up your sexual energy
Resist sexual intimacy or masturbation for two weeks to a month. Whenever you feel your sexual energy moving into arousal, close your eyes and visualise your sexual energy moving up through your body and being absorbed by your chakras all the way to the top where the crown chakras is. As you do this, think about your goals, desires and the emotions you wish to experience.
3 Release into the Universe
Choose a day to release. It could be on a day like the full moon or a special date that has significance. Repeat steps one and two and keep doing this until you create arousal to the point of orgasm. As you climax, release your goals and desires out of your body to the Universe.
4 Trust and receive
Go into the receptive mode of gratitude and wait for the synchronicities and magic of the Universe to deliver your goals and desires. Help your goals with actions that the Universe inspires, guides or motivates you to do.