Fairies can help you spread magical energy where it’s needed, and this simple meditation will enable you to tap into your potential.
- Before you begin this meditation, imagine a circle of fairies surrounding you and holding hands in a peaceful protective fairy ring.
- Close your eyes and see yourself walking along a path towards a golden door in springtime.
- As you approach the golden door imagine taking your shoes off, then pushing the door and stepping through. This magical entrance is the portal to the fairy realm.
- You can see fairy lights darting here and there, as if they are playing with you. You can smell the beautiful fragrances from the flowers in the air.
- You notice the fairy lights start to form into the shape of a life-size fairy queen. She slowly materialises before your eyes and you are mesmerised by her beauty. She opens her eyes and looks directly at you. She beckons for you to step towards her.
- As the light surrounds you she gestures for you to look into a magical mirror that she is holding. Your reflection is your fairy self! You have the most beautiful gossamer wings and you can even make them flap. The fairy queen whispers her name and invites you to take her hand and fly with her.
- See yourself soaring above the land together. You’re flying higher and higher, until you can see the entire earth. You are totally free and are able to observe the earth below.
- The fairy queen then produces a handful of fairy dust and places some in your hand. She asks you to sprinkle the fairy dust over the earth, and says that wherever it falls will be instantly healed. So you generously throw the golden dust over the land, spreading magical energy.
- She then guides you downwards, gestures farewell and reminds you that you can return at any time.
Find out more about the fae from regular columnist Karen Kay in our March 2020 issue, on sale now