In this fast paced world that we seem to be living in, I felt as though my ‘masculine’ energy was on point! I was focused, disciplined, determined and motivated. But my feminine side needed some TLC. I wanted to feel more grounded, intuitive and in touch with my inner feelings, which can often feel difficult in this modern age. This quick and easy exercise I’m sharing with you is called ‘Calling down the moon’ and is to be done during a full moon
Step One – Cleansing
You can start this full moon healing process by cleansing and purifying your body.
- Run a bath — I personally like to use Epson bath salts!
- I also like to use essential oils. My favourites are lavender and rosemary oils, due to their purifying properties. You may want to consult an expert or physician to make sure that the oils you choose are safe for you personally.
- In the water, ask the moon energies to work in helping you to release any unwanted build-up of stagnant emotions or limiting beliefs.
- After you feel as though you have had enough time in the cleansing tub, step out of the bath/shower backwards. This is symbolic to the subconscious mind that you are leaving anything that was holding you back, behind.
Step Two – Meditation & Intention Process
For this step, all you will need to do is light a candle and spend some time in quiet reflection, asking the moon to aid you in anything you want help with in life.
- Take a white candle. You can use herbs and oils to ‘dress’ the candle if you wish for extra potency. I like to use basil and oils that invite positivity, and I personally love bay leaf oil. *Note: as I’m vegan I like to use a soy candle, but that’s up to you! The ingredients at the end will give you links to anything you might need.
- Burn incense or sage.
Step Three – Letter To The Moon
Next, write a letter to the moon, stating what you wish to either release or bring into your life. The new moon is the best time for inviting new things in, and the full moon is the best time to release that which no longer serves you. You can write your letter to the moon in purple/violet ink, as purple is the colour of intuition, spiritual awareness, truth and authenticity.
Step Four – Working with Archangel Haniel
You can use oracle cards or angel cards as a focus for this process, or simply your intention. Working with beautiful angelic energy is also a special process when working with the moon’s energy. Archangel Haniel is the Archangel of the moon. She is depicted as a wonderful feminine angel, who assists us in releasing that which no longer serves us during a full moon. Use the below affirmation in order to call upon her.
“Archangel Haniel, please help me to shift anything which holds me back from my life purpose.
Help me to release any old or stagnant energy, to embrace a new beginning. Thank you.”
Happy moon cleansing, may your calling down the moon experience be beautiful!
Alyssa is a freelance writer, holistic life coach and angel card reader. She holds workshops and has a weekly YouTube channel about all things spiritual. Her first collaborative book Angels Blessings is available to purchase on Kindle and paperback on Amazon.