Lift your spirits as well as your best china with this easy-to-decorate hippy homeware
• Your mindful mandala template here
•Brush on furniture wax and brush
1. On good quality white paper draw your own mandala designs or print ours here. Find a comfortable position and spend time colouring in the motifs, getting lost in the process.
2. Allow any ink to dry before cutting around the edge of each mandala with sharp scissors. If you have access to a good colour photocopier you may want to reduce the size of your motifs for more choice.
3. Take a previously-loved wooden tray and rub down to remove any flaking varnish and rough edges. Arrange your mandalas on the tray, allowing some to fold up the insides. Coat the back of each paper shape with glue and smooth down in position.
4. Allow the glue to dry completely and check there are no air bubbles under the paper surface. Use a soft brush to apply a coat of furniture wax and buff to a shine with a cotton cloth. Stand back and admire your work.
Look out for more fabulous projects from in-house crafter Corinne Bradd in our Spiritual Living section. New issue out now!