Karen Kay, founder of Karen Kay’s Faery Events and friend of the fey folk explains how to attract fairies into your life with the help of spells…
Five-minute rituals for a sprinkling of fairy magic
• To feel the dryads close to you, find a tree and sit with your back against its trunk, close your eyes, release any negative emotions and be receptive to the healing.
• Write a wish on a piece of paper and then light a candle. The salamanders will acknowledge your intention as you burn the paper in the flame.
• Creating an altar with wind chimes, incense and aromatherapy oil will draw sylphs closer to you.
• Pixies love a good party! Connect with them by having some fun and wearing brightly-coloured clothing.
• Don’t live near a river or a lake? You can still tap into the water nymphs’ power by immersing yourself in a bubble bath or standing in the rain.
Charm the faeries
Once you know which beings you want to call on, say the following three times:
“Wild ones of the (flame, earth, water, tree or sky)
Know me now as your ally I come as friend and not as foe
Protect me now, as I may go
Beyond the borders of my land
Please lend me your helping hand”
Now wait for permission to connect. You will feel this when it happens: a shift in the breeze for the sylphs; a tear in your eye for the water nymphs; a stirring in the leaves from the dryads; a warm glow from the salamanders; a grounded feeling from the pixies. Once this happens, simply speak to them with respect and affection. Acknowledging their existence, caring for the nature, and speaking from your heart will show them you are a trusted human companion, and in return they will share their blessings with you.