The middle child from everyone’s favourite cartoon family, we’ve always felt a spiritual affinity to Lisa Simpson here on Soul & Spirit. Here’s 10 reasons why…
1. Right from the early seasons, Lisa has always been the spiritual soul searcher of the show. Remember when she taught Bart the importance of philosophical riddles and how to meditate?
2. She loves starting her day off with a spot of Tai Chi…
3. … And the Zen doesn’t stop there. She eventually came out as a Buddhist!
4. Lisa’s a huge fan of meditating under her tree…
5. … Or finding her inner peace with fellow Buddhist, Richard Gere!
6. She’s also a powerful witch who won’t be silenced… Right on!
7. And she’s a fan of divination. Remember when she got her fortune told at the fair?
8. Or how about the time she took Homer to a New Age shop for the first time…
9. … so they could experience float tanks and go on a spiritual journey deep within?
10. And let’s not forget how she was kind enough to lend Bart her geode for his show & tell presentation. Spread those powerful crystal vibes, Lisa!
We just love all of the aspects of spirituality that The Simpsons features throughout its episodes!
Have a favourite spiritual moment from The Simpsons? Let us know!
About the author
Danielle A. Lett is the deputy editor of Soul & Spirit Magazine (and a Simpsons superfan!)